Saturday, September 8, 2012

Quick Reference Guide for 6th Edition Warhammer 40,000



We played our first game of the 6th Edition rules at Wellington Warlords this week.  It was a somewhat frantic affair, with lots of page turning as we looked up aspects of the new rules, although a lot of fun.

It's somewhat disappointing that Games Workshop still haven't put up a new version of the Quick Reference on the website in PDF format for players, especially as we now live in an age of Kindles and iPads.

I know I can just photocopy the relevant pages, but that seems so 1980s ... so I've ended up going through the rulebook and made my own reference guide, which is here to share with other gamers,

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/inthenameoftheemperor/p5Af2W-k-f4

This reference guide is meant to help gamers use the 6th Edition better (including pages to look up rules in more detail), and not as a replacement for the rulebook.  No infringement of Games Workshop intellectual property intended.

C'mon Games Workshop, get with the 21st Century and get some better 6th Edition support up there for us fans instead of just hawking your new models!

7 comments:

  1. Cheers for the Qucik Ref! Just when I thought I was going to have to do one myself I found yours! As you said disapointing GW haven't released one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I was just about to do one of these myself before I thought to look and see if anyone else has already done the work!

    The only suggestion I would make would be to add the effects of movement on shooting (specifically for vehicles and passengers)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something that stood out is the dangerous terrain is incorrect. Each model takes a test and on a 1 the model then takes a wound with a save roll being allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, thanks! Appreciate the effort you put into that!

    v/r
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you,

    foir a begening player..its a life saver

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks bro... very useful save buying the damn thing xD

    ReplyDelete