Saturday, March 17, 2012

So you want to be a Chimera driver?


I transport all types of infantry into battle in my Chimera - conscripts, guardsmen, veterans and officers - to fight and defend in the name of the Emperor.  I've once even drove some Ogryns around, though it took weeks to get the smell out ...

Today I had to give some supporting fire in a streetfight using my multi-laser and heavy stubber.  My mate Smith was on the heavy stuber and got shot in the head - within a split second a lascannon fired on the building to our right, as a great piece of rubble fell on us, blocking the back hatch and gunners hatch. We were trapped.

I had to grab the power axe and cut my way out of the Chimera.  The sound of lasgun fire whizzed past the armour of the vehicle.  It took almost 11 minutes to cut through the thick armour.  The smell of the dead and rotting corpses filled the air.

I had no gun, and was behind enemy lines - I had to get back to base ... but how?

No comments:

Post a Comment